About the Handling of Personal Information
Asahi Kohsan Corporation (hereinafter, “the Company”) will strive to appropriately manage, protect, and handle the personal information provided to the Company by customers, business partners, and other parties based on the following policy.
- The Company will limit its collection, use, and management of personal information to the scope necessary for fair business activities.
- The Company will put in place reasonable security measures against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, and falsification, as well as leakage, etc., of personal information held by the Company and will not fail to take corrective action.
- The Company will comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and with other codes.
- The Company will continue to review initiatives related to personal information with a view to improvement and betterment.
Scope of application
This applies to Asahi Kohsan Corporation and its website www.asahi-kohsan.com.
About the acquisition of personal information
The Company acquires personal information through legal and fair methods.
About the purpose of using personal information
The Company will use personal information for the following purposes in the execution of affairs. The Company will not use personal information for other purposes. When individual consent has been given by an individual, however, the Company may use his/her personal information within the scope of the purpose of the consent.
Provider Purpose of use Customer /
- Concluding and executing an agreement between the Provider and the Company and implementing other managing of transactions
- Providing information on products, services and maintenance
- Providing materials, etc. for improving services
- Accepting support and other service requests related to hiring activities, legal issues, etc.
- Notifying and sending of greetings according to social custom
- Executing business and contacting related to the above
Applicant to a hiring position
- Executing business and contacting related to hiring
- Managing employment after hiring
- Responding to inquiries
About outsourcing of business
The Company may outsource a part of its business to a contractor to achieve a purpose of use listed above and temporarily give the contractor the personal information of a customer, business partner, or applicant to a hiring position. In such cases, the Company will select a contractor that meets the standards stipulated by the Company, conclude an agreement related to the handling of personal information, and provide appropriate oversight.
About joint usage of personal information
The Company may engage in joint usage of the personal information provided to the Company with group companies and with suppliers of the products and services handled by the Company.
Elements of personal information that are subject to joint usage Attributes such as organization name, affiliation, position, address, full name, phone number, fax number, age, gender, email address, etc. and the details of the information, inquiry, etc. provided to the Company Scope of joint usage Asahi Kohsan (H.K.) Ltd., Asahi Kohsan (S.H.) Ltd., and Asahi Engineering Co., Ltd.
Suppliers of the products and services handled by the Company
For the scope of suppliers, see the list of major manufacturers (to japanese website).
Purpose of use by parties to joint usage Purposes of use listed under “About the purpose of using personal information” Party responsible for management of personal information ASAHI KOHSAN CO.,LTD.
About provision of personal information to third parties
The Company will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the individual, except in the following cases.
- When based on law
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of that individual
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, local public body, or a party contracted by such organizations in order to execute the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and when obtaining consent from the individual creates the risk of interfering with the execution of those affairs
About management of personal information
- The Company will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage the information safely.
- The Company will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc., in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc., of personal information.
About disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of personal information
The Company recognizes that the individual has the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc., (hereinafter “disclosure, etc.”) of his/her own personal information. The Company will respond promptly and without any objection to such requests.
However, this shall not apply if the following reasons are applicable due to disclosure, etc.
- When there is the risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
- When there is the risk of significant interference to the proper execution of the Company's business
- When the disclosure, etc., violates other laws or regulations
- In the case of disclosure, etc., as defined in the preceding paragraph, the Company will confirm that disclosure, etc., is being requested by the person himself in order to prevent leakage of personal information to anyone other than the person himself, and to prevent rewriting, etc., by anyone other than the person himself. The Company will only engage in disclosure, etc., of personal information after confirming his/her identity.
- The Company recognizes that the individual has the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc., (hereinafter “disclosure, etc.”) of his/her own personal information. The Company will respond promptly and without any objection to such requests.
About the handling of personal information, etc. related to the website
About access logs
The Company records information on persons who access its website as access logs for maintenance management, failure response, and statistical analysis of use. This includes the domain name, IP address, browser type, and access date and time. In principle, except when investigating the cause of a failure, the Company does not use this information in combination with personal information or after identifying an individual.
The Company uses the following cookies to improve the service of its website and to provide a more suitable service to customers, etc.
About ensuring safety at linked websites
The Company will not take responsibility for the security of our customers’ personal information on other websites linked from the Company’s website.
Contact information for inquiries
Please send your inquiries on personal information to the contact information listed below.3-1 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0083
ASAHI KOHSAN CO.,LTD.
Personal information related to business partners: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information related to hiring: email@example.com